Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Hodge Podge Collage

I think it's only fair. I have cyber stalked all of you. Now I must share. Here's some of what we've been up to in no particular order.



Noah and his cousin Marshall playing at their first recital. I love to watch those kids play "Twinkle Twinkle" so darn cute!
Audrey and her cousin getting ready to play at a group recital...My amazing sister, Sarah.


We've been to the coast a few times to dig for Razor Clams! The boys really get into. The first time we went was a night dig. It was absolutely gorgeous! It is a little hard going from tropical beach to Northwest beach, but we loved it anyway. The attire is a little different. I'm not sure which is better. To be honest, it's not that pretty to see speedo man (who is in his 70's ) at the beach. Snow coats at the beach??...sometimes you just need to count your blessings!










All Madelyn cared about was carrying a bucket and getting her picture taken






The last time we went, we stayed at a dive and spent two days at Westport. Each person is allowed to keep 15 clams a day. We didn't take our limit but we have plenty to make A LOT of Clam Chowder. I'm good with that, just as long as I don't have to clean them.




After we finished calm digging, (the dig ended at Noon) we headed to the pier to try our luck at catching some crabs. I am fully aware that we are sitting in bird poo, but those crab where tasty.


Balloon Tag...a nice "quiet" Sunday activity!






It's a little ghetto, but we wanted smores and haven't built the fire pit yet...whatcha goin do!















The kids LOVE to put together carnivals. This was last weekend when we actually saw the sun. A true miracle and the kids spent the entire day outside with their carnival. One of their stations was weed pulling... LOL! Strangely no weeds got pulled.










Blake had his first Pinewood Derby. His car was all about design. He wanted a shark with flames...very much Blake. It actually won a race. He was thrilled!





We bought a house in Oct 2010. We love everything about it. It's amazing to go from high rise apartment to country living! We spend tons of time in the yard. It's 5 acres of land but only half of it is developed.














The Rhododendrons are in bloom! It's so great to see all the colors of Spring after a loooong winter. We have about 5 of these pink bushes in our back yard. Blake loves to catch the bees that hangout around the flowers.
















Noah was out in the field picking me "flowers". He couldn't carry them all so he started putting them in his waistband!


Madelyn helping me weed. Everone has to pull their weight. And she's done for the day with her ONE flower.






4 comments:

Linda said...

Love the post! I've never been clam digging before. It looks fun! If I haven't mentioned it before I love your house. We are only just a tiny bit jealous!! Love YA!

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe how grown up your kids are! What a sweet family you have! LOVE your house :)

...Summer Bartlett

Dyann said...

for some ridiculous reason, I'm just now seeing this post. What fun!

I love the clamming in winter coats, the sitting in bird poo, the acreage, the flower/weed picking, the pint-sized musicians...all of it!

Dixie said...

Thanks for sharing!! The kids are getting so big & I love your house. Can't wait to come visit you guys!!