Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Updates of the last 2 months....


We spent a week celebrating Halloween. Between School parties, Trick-or-treating at the office and Tricky Tricky Halloween (as they say here) in the neighborhood, the kids had pounds and pounds of candy. By Thanksgiving I had had enough and sent the rest home with the lady who works for us.

Starting the first week of November everyone took their turn with a week long virus of high fevers, by mid December we were all better. Is it better to be sick all at once or have everyone take their turn? I prefer all at once!

Another Primary program was written and mildly successfully executed. With only 10 kids it makes it pretty simple.

Quote from Blake. “Ranch dressing makes vegetables delectable” I don’t know that I have ever used the word delectable myself. I guess I could work on my vocabulary. Kids have a way of helping us improve ourselves.

Quote from Audrey. “Food made by you is always the best food mom” She made my day and I and squeezed her for it.

Madelyn has found her inner artist. She has drawn on every wall in the house. When she has finished her picture she will find me and show me her master piece. Later she will walk by the scene of the crime and shake her finger and say no no no. It all starts over the next day.

I had the best birthday present. Since July I was dreading turning 35, but on my birthday (November 24th) I had a conversation with my mom and we figured I was only turning 34. I had gained a year and felt much better about the whole thing.

We spent Thanksgiving at home and shared dessert with friends. The Thanksgiving meal is kind of lost on the kids. They just care about rolls and whipped cream. Dan and I had an enormous a feast all to ourselves.


Noah’s school year ended with him performing as a dancing Mexican in the end of year show. He was cute and took his part very seriously.

Dan spent much of the last 2 months traveling or out late doing church visits. He is in much need of a life line and a change of pace. He doesn’t get to enjoy the same life of leisure that I do. I have stopped letting him know that I have spend the day at the beach.


Blake, what do you want for Christmas? After a lengthy list of gadgets, he says, “and a family that loves me.” Audrey in her most loving and when I say loving I mean irritated voice says, “You already HAVE that.” Merry Christmas Blake.


Dan and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary!!! I broke a tooth on our date and got a root canal and crown out of it.

We had our Ward Christmas Party. All the food was to be at the church at 6pm. We had made the meat so it was ready, People had started to show up by 6:30 ( if you feed them they will come! We usually have 55 in sacrament meeting, at the party we had at least 100) the rest of the food came at 7:30(typical for the coast but drives my type A husband crazzzzzy) After eating, a program of entertainment and clean-up we didn’t get home until 11:00.

There was no electricity at church last Sunday. No electricity means no keyboard or CD's for me to lead the music in Sacrament and no AC. First of all, no music means no one sings so I sang 4 solos in church on Sunday. I can count but can not sing. My singing doesn’t seem to inspire anyone else to join me. In a building with extreme heat and no drinking water it makes for a very uncomfortable 3 hours. The adventures at church never seem to end. One thing I do know...the gospel is true. It would be much easier to find an excuse to stay home(believe me I'm full of them), but we go because we have a knowledge of the atonement of Christ. We know of our Heavenly Fathers plan for each of his children to return to him. Without this knowledge all of lives challenges would be much impossible to deal with. The day to day struggles would be just that, struggles. But I know they are ment to help us become more like our Savior. When I remember the purpose for being here and know my Heavenly understands me, it makes is easier to face those moments (or 3 hours) when I want to hide under a rock:)

There is more to be said about each entry but these are some of the highlight and lowlight. Hope you enjoyed reading them like I enjoyed living them. Have a Merry Christmas and we love you all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily, how nice to spend your days at the beach! I know there's some laundry here and there right? :) Hearing about your church adventures is so interesting. Tom was in Shanghai recently and I took the older kids with me to visit him. It was fun to take them to church there and show them that it's different and the same in other parts of the world. They were fascinated that we met in a conference room above a car dealership! Merry Christmas.

Summer Bartlett said...

Emily....You look exactly the same! You will never age you cutie! Your children are SO grown up! Audrey looks like a little lady! When did she grow up?!? I'm glad you (seem like) are doing great! What's next for you guys???

...Summer Bartlett :)

Linda said...

I love you Em! I love reading you blog. And I am glad to hear you're not 35 because then I would be to. We will save that till nest year. Happy New Year!

Dixie said...

Em, I was laughing after reading your "fun" vacation account. Now I can't stop laughing at this post. You definately have a way with words! Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

So this must be Audrey, the girl with the great big stinky feet LOL https://4.bp.blogspot.com/_QD_ErO2n7MM/SzKbUREW9zI/AAAAAAAAAKA/2Ln9vT-moyM/s0/DSC00549.JPG By the way, the boy is like good looking!