I often look through cookbooks for inspiration and dream of fantastic meals (I have made) with friends and family. I must admit a personal weakness, I am overwhelmed and intimidated when I cook for others. Which makes the rest of this story even more bizarre. I also must preface this story by telling you my childhood ambition. My mind was made-up, I was going to be a Baker and live next door to my Mother. My friend Marie Nelson and I spent a summer planning a restaurant with a full menu. We forced our not so willing families into participating in our scheme, where they raved or complained ( depending on the age of the loving family member) about our jello and carrot sticks. I think I was ten. Well, "Life" has a way of getting us off track or maybe just going the long way around toward reaching our dreams. I have the luxury of free time, now that the kids are in school. So I thought I would tackle my destiny.
This was to be the end result...

And this was the finished masterpiece. Amazing I know. Who would not be tempted by this!

I think there should be truth in advertising. My hat goes off to all you men and women who CAN make a dessert look like its photo. My supportive hubby ate it all but often suggests after one of my experiments that I might, only if I want to, find a new ambition. He will happily eat the fruit of my labor ( I'm luck he will eat just about anything), but I might not go public, just yet. You are all welcome to come for dinner. Bon appetit!!
10 comments:
This made me smile! Your creation looks yummy though!
That is awesome...and funny. I think it would be fun to decorate cakes, but I am so bad. My husband basically has to take over as I watch him from outside the kitchen. I shouldn't be allowed in a kitchen. It looks like it tastes good!
I love ya Em. You made me laugh! Don't give up.
We would be glad to come for dinner! If you didn't have the before picture above the picture of your creation, then we would all be oooing over how good it looks! :)
Definately budding talent. You are a great cook, the way I figure it is you really cant go wrong with chocolate no matter what it looks like.
Emily, you're so funny! It looks delicious. So what if it's not like the picture--how it tastes is the most important part of dessert, right? :) I'm so excited to have found your blog!
Yummy! Sometimes I think that those "good" pictures of food are computer generated anyway and no one can really bake like that!! Check out our blog mcdowellfamil07.blogspot.com
I keep spontaneously and randomly giggling mid-day over these pics. LOL!!!
How bad can chocolate ever be?
Most of the food in those pictures are actually fake and just made to be pretty, as long as it tastes good appearance shouldn't really matter.
Post a Comment