Saturday, January 31, 2009


It's the New Year and like many well intended goals, I have left it to the last day of the month to accomplish my goal of creating a blog to keep family and friends in the know about what our family is up to. Here is a brief or not so brief summary of our family and life. We have begun 2009 as a family of 6! We have spent the last 2 1/2 years living in Cartagena, Colombia. It's located on the Carribean with lots of heat, sun and humidity. The tallest building in the foreground of the picture is our apartment building. We live on the 17th floor apartment. The view is incredible!

Dan, aka Obispo, is the bishop in our ward. We have 150 members in our ward with about 55 in attendance each week(Spanish Speaking). It's been a challenge but a good one for Dan (my words, not his). Between family, work, business travel, and church duties, he has found time to get scuba certified. I do believe he thinks sleep is highly over rated.

Emily, also known to some as Mamasita, is still very much lost in translation. I was very naïve when we first moved to South America. I new it would be difficult to learn a new language, but I didn’t know it would be this hard. The spanish they speak here is very muddy. It would be like learning English from a hill billy, but progress is progress. I am so amazed at the missionaries who go all over the world to bring the messages of the Savior to those who are ready to listen, in a language and culture so different from what they are familiar with.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture of your place is awesome! Welcome to the world of blogging.

Katie & Matt said...

I am so excited that you will be to the family reunion... I haven't seen you and Dan for such a long time. And your kids are so cute!!! They have gotten big fast!!!

Linda said...

it snowed here this week. I would do dishes if you would pay my room and board.

ej