Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Turkey Napkin Rings

My fellow blogger and friend Lanette...who is awesome by the way...challenged her readers to spend last week crafting and working on projects they had found and intended on trying...some day. I managed with my unfocused brain to complete ONE project. It was a fun one for me to do for Thanksgiving. This is my first (finished) craft in ages! They cost about 21 cents a piece. I was able to make 16 with the materials I had.


Turkey Napkin Rings!










Materials list:





Brown felt .20

Camel felt .20

3 fall color flower bunches from a Dollar Store $3

Googly eyes I had at home


Instructions:


Separate the flowers

Re-layer the flower petal how you want them and hot-glue them

Cut the re-layered flower in half

For the body, cut brown felt out in the shape of a peanut

Glue the body to the "feathers"

Add eyes

I used a random petal as the beak

Cut Camel felt about 1.5 ''wide and 4.5'' long and form into a ring

Glue the ring to the Turkey....Done!


They are so easy and I love them!

2 comments:

Linda said...

You are awesome Em!

Dixie said...

those turned out cute! I feel like I accomplish a lot when I just get the Christmas presents wrapped!!