
Noah and I had a date. Audrey and Blake were in school so Noah and I skipped town and and took this ferry to one of the islands close to Cartagena. They call it a yacht. I think they use the term loosely. I had never taken one of these "Yachts", and I never will again. Talk about sea sickness. Poor Noah throw-up on the way.

We had a great time at the resort, Coco liso. The water is clear and blue. It made Noah a little nervous to be able to see the fish. We play in the beaches by our house but the water is too mucky you can't see the fish. He kept screaming that they were going to eat him. "Mommy don't let the sharks eat me!!" We found safety in the pool!

This lunch was sooo good. It's a pretty typical meal on the islands. Fresh juice, coconut rice, fried plantains, watermelon, salad with vinegar, and fried fish. This was nice because the fish was a fillet. Usually it's a whole fried fish with the head and all the bones.

Who ever said "this is for the birds", got it all wrong.

Noah humoring mom

It was great to spend the day with Noah. There were lots of other kids on the island. It's a popular resort. Once they noticed Noah spoke English they started to ask him questions. The one that really confused him is "where are you from?". I know what they wanted to know, but Noah just looked at them with a blank expression. When we moved to Colombia, Noah was 10 months old. To him Cartagena Colombia is where he is from. (For Audrey and Blake, they respond I'm from my grandmas house. We may move around a lot but grandmas house will always be home to us.)
It's nice to be able to spend time one on one. At home sometimes we get the "mob mentality" and I wonder what has possessed my little ones. So it's great to have days like this where I enjoy being a mom and I can see what makes my kids tick.
2 comments:
How fun Em- you are looking gorgeous, by the way. Did it seem really easy to just to hang out with one? I bet Noah felt like a king.
That is so great that you got to spend the day with Noah. Looks like a great day.
Post a Comment